To design an Action Plan for the Management Education Capacity-Building component of PEP Africa’s Cape Verde Sector Growth and Investment Program. The Action Plan will contain the details of activities, timeframe, budget, consultants, and any other relevant programmatic aspect to be implemented in Phase 3 of the Cape Verde Sector Growth and Investment Program. The assignment will be completed once the Action Plan has been approved by designated GBSN and PEP Africa Team Leaders
Center for Entrepreneurship Development (CED) at UNIPIAGET: This private university has already launched the CED in 2005. Its capacity could be enhanced to provide a more adequate and comprehensive response to private sector training needs (and SMEs in particular), delivering the following outputs:
- Providing training and management tools for SMEs
- Providing business development services for young entrepreneurs and start-ups
- Functioning as an interface between academia and business community
The Management Education Consultant will be responsible for designing and successfully submitting an Action Plan, meeting PEP Africa’s and GBSN’s requirements within the framework of Phase 2 of the Cape Verde Sector Growth and Investment Program. The Management Education Consultant’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Take stock of the background work that has been done, leading to Phase 2 of the Cape Verde Sector Growth and Investment Program, based on the documents made available in Appendix.
- Work with UNIPIAGET to develop a three-year work program that will build the Center for Entrepreneurship Development’s capacity to respond to private sector management training needs, with a focus on SMEs.